WHY COLD-ROOM DOORS ARE IMPORTANT?
The main purpose of doors for the cold rooms is the thermal insulation of the doorway through which the products are loaded and unloaded. Therefore, the construction, hardware of doors should not have the “thermal bridges”, or reduce them to a minimum. The doors must withstand the temperature conditions and workload in the refrigerated chambers; so it is important, when choosing doors, to select the right type of door and its technical characteristics: size, insulation thickness, etc.
TYPES OF COLD-ROOM DOORS:
- Hinged cold-room doors
- Sliding cold-room doors
- Vertical cold-room doors
- Semi-insulating cold-room doors
- Insulating cold-room doors
WHICH REFRIGERATION DOOR TO CHOOSE FROM?
General recommendations on which refrigeration door to choose:
- It is convenient to use swinging doors for small doorways for a person’s passage;
- For large doorways and doors with the intensive operation − sliding ones;
- A vertical one is better to use as a last resort when it is not possible to install or operate other types of doors.