5 POINTS CHECKLIST: IS YOUR SYSTEM OF INDUSTRIAL PROTECTION WORKING?
In this blog post, we would like to share information related to PVC, flexible industrial protection systems. Firstly, we will shed light on why we choose PVC industrial protection. Secondly, we will give you a quick checklist to verify the effectiveness of your existing industrial protection. Finally, we will sum up all the essential characteristics of industrial protection and compare PVC to metal, wood, polypropylene, and polyethylene.
WHY CHOOSE PVC INDUSTRIAL PROTECTION?
Let’s quickly recap the basic concepts that drive us to the choice of using PVC industrial protection:
- Protecting personnel, scaffolding, and goods from light and heavy impacts with operating machines.
- Avoiding damages to the floor where we decide to place the flexible PVC protections
- Choosing long-lasting PVC barriers over steel protections.
We know what to look for, but how do we know when it’s time to switch to PVC flexible protections?
QUICK 5 POINTS CHECKLIST
Here is a 5 points checklist that may help you in your choice towards PVC flexible protections.
1. HOW OFTEN FORKLIFTS HIT THE COLUMNS DURING DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES?
If more than once a week, then you should consider the switch to PVC flexible protections to save money on repair costs.
2. DID YOUR PERSONNEL REPORT ANY INJURIES IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS BY OPERATING MACHINES?
Please consider improving your pedestrian protection fences and get a reinforced PVC pedestrian barrier to protects feet and legs from forks.
3. HAVE A FORKLIFT HIT WAREHOUSE’S RACKS IN THE LAST EIGHT WEEKS?
If so, when you assess the damage, please consider a PVC rack protector when you determine the costs of repairing the racks and of losing profit.
4. HAVE ANY OF YOUR LOADING BAYS OR RAPID ROLL DOORS BEEN DAMAGED WITHIN THE YEAR?
Please consider placing PVC flexible bollards or door protections to avoid serious and costly damages, especially if your business is in a refrigerated area.
5. DID YOU EXPERIENCE ANY REPEATED DAMAGE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS?
Consider the cost of replacing your traditional steel barriers with PVC flexible protections, that last much longer without maintenance costs.
COMPARISON OF PVC TO METAL, POLYETHYLENE (PE), AND POLYPROPYLENE (PP)
Moreover, below, you can find a comparison table that confirms that PVC protection is the best choice in comparison to metal or other materials.
|RESISTANCE TO SCRATCHES||★★★★★||★★★✩✩||★★★✩✩||★✩✩✩✩|
Our PVC industrial protection system meets the safety requirements of any industrial space: from the warehouse to the airport. Moreover, Globe Panels offers you a free assessment of your industrial protection system. Together we will see how you can improve your protection system and save money in the long term.
- Common warehouse mistakes of sandwich insulated panels handling
- Advantages of the labyrinth – joint on cold – room insulated panels
- When to use PVDF and PVC coating on insulated metal panels?
- Advantages of using the flat insulated panel for building a cold – room door
- How assembly a cold-room with PVC hygienic profiles?
- Different types of PIR foam and fire behavior
- What is the clear opening of a cold – room door, and why is it important?