PVC IN COMPARISON TO POLYPROPYLENE AND POLYETHYLENE
In this article, we’ll shed light on the difference and go through a comparison of PVC against Polypropylene and Polyethylene. First, we will see all the characteristics of PVC industrial protection, and then, we are going, to sum up, them in the table so you can easily see the differences.
PROTECTION’S RESISTANCE TO IMPACT
- PVC has a highly enhanced elastic behavior, and consequently, it always returns to its original shape;
- Other materials lose color if too stimulated and get deformed permanently.
HOW DESIGN COLLABORATES IN ABSORBING THE SHOCK
- The shape of PVC products allows a wider and flat impact surface hence they completely oppose the forklift;
- The polyethylene and polypropylene cylindrical shape involve a risk for the forklift to slip under or above the protection.
HOW DOES THE PROTECTION ABSORB THE IMPACT FORCE
- Certainly, PVC rack protection has three soft PVC shock absorber areas;
- Other protections only have one rubber piece in rubber foam or none or rigid non-absorber material.
OUR PVC IS RESISTANT TO ANY SCRATCHES
- PVC material is entirely pigmented and difficult to scratch thanks to its special surface;
- Other materials only have the upper layer pigmented, and scratches are evident and not coverable.
QUICK AND INTUITIVE INSTALLATION
- To install the globe’s PVC protections, you need three steps;
- Other products have a large number of pieces to assemble, causing a huge waste of time.
INSTALLATION PROCESS OF PROTECTIONS
- Globe’s PVC protections are made of many equal pieces and can be extended or shortened also after installation;
- The polyethylene and polypropylene products have pieces for initial and final posts. Therefore you must remove the entire barrier to modify them.
CLEANING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GLOBE’S PVC AND PE/PP
- Globe’s PVC surface is easy to clean even just with water;
- The polyethylene and polypropylene materials absorb dirt and consequently, it is impossible to clean them.
DISTANCE FROM THE PROTECTED AREA AND IMPACT ON SURFACE
- Globe’s PVC protections have compact dimensions and therefore need a small distance from the shelves;
- The polyethylene and polypropylene materials need bigger dimensions and a larger distance from the racks to protect them equally.
FIRE BEHAVIOUR ACCORDING TO UL-94
- Globe’s PVC type is v0; this means that it is self-extinguishing in case of fire;
- Polyethylene and polypropylene are not HB materials, consequently, they do not resist fire and burn immediately.
Moreover, below you can find the comparison of PVC against Metal, Polypropylene, Polyethylene, and Wood Industrial Protection.
|RESISTANCE TO SCRATCHES||★★★★★||★★★✩✩||★★★✩✩||★✩✩✩✩|
Learn more about PVC Industrial Protection by watching this video:
If you have a question regarding PVC safety barriers, leave it in a comment below, and we will be happy to answer it. You can get in touch at +44 7887 884768. o completing the form below. You can also contact us via email@example.com. Once you reach out to us we can provide you with a quote and can also discuss our products and services further.
- Comparison among PVC products and other PE/PP products
- IMPORT PROBLEMS: SOLVED!
- PVC Hygienic Profiles | Innovative Fixer System
- Aggressive Environment: Solutions for insulating metal panels | Cold Room
- 8 TIPS FOR CLEANING CORRECTLY YOUR COLD-ROOM
- Case Study: Cold storage in the logistic center, San Salvador
- How to understand and compare a sandwich insulated panel price offer?