After describing some issues caused by condensation and introducing our new industrial protections line for cold-room doors and metal sandwich panels, I’d like to present to you a case study in a recently-opened logistic center in San Salvador entirely made of insulated sandwich panels. I was visiting this logistic center in July 2018, and I’ve seen the damaged cold-room doors and insulated sandwich panels by several hits of forklifts:
DAMAGE COLD-ROOM PROTECTION
Picture 1. In this picture, you can see that a forklift hit the cold-room door protection so hardly, that it’s been pushed against the insulated sandwich panel wall. The metal made protection stayed bent and made it impossible to close the cold-room door anymore.
If it were a PVC protection, that would NOT have happened, and the cold-room door would work correctly. Also, Globe’s PVC has a highly enhanced elastic behavior and it always returns to its original shape.
Consequently, an open door between a low-temperature cold-room and a medium temperature cold-room, continuous inflow of warmer air are causing a huge condensation. In spite of the insulation given by the metal sandwich panel.
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF CONDENSATION
Picture 2. You can see the negative effects of condensation on the cold-room sliding door. It can be caused simply by a door left open: condensation starts building ice on the frame and gaskets of the cold-room door, and finally, the door can’t be closed anymore without defrosting, before condensation starts building ice in the joints of metal sandwich panel.
And this ice quickly breaks the gaskets and then finally the door itself.
Ice formation causes huge problems on the floor, as a result making it slippery and insecure for workers and finally for the company that has invested in such a modern structure of the metal sandwich panel.
A BROKEN SECTIONAL DOOR
Picture 3. A broken sectional door that can take a long time to repair, because spare parts are not available locally, along with an insulated sandwich panel.
WHAT CAN GLOBE PANELS DO FOR YOUR BUSINESS IN THIS CASE?
- Explain to you beforehand which products best fit your needs — for example, the type of PVC flexible protection and insulated sandwich panel.
- Train your workers to use our products properly — especially the cold-room door installed in the insulated sandwich panel wall.
- Deliver the spare parts quickly from our local warehouses of insulated sandwich panels and cold-room doors.
- Comparison among PVC products and other PE/PP products
- Practical issues common in cold store set-ups | Condensation | Ice
- Managing humidity in cold store installations | Condensation | Ice
- Aggressive Environment: Solutions for insulating metal panels | Cold Room
- 8 TIPS FOR CLEANING CORRECTLY YOUR COLD-ROOM
OUR CORNERSTONE ARTICLES:
- What to consider when choosing an insulated panel for your project?
- High – speed door for cold storage: a valuable asset in cold – room