IMPORT OF INSULATED METAL PANELS
Import of insulated metal panels is a nightmare for you? Transporting a metal insulating panel from a point A to a point B is a very simple thing, theoretically. In fact, as the distance between the two points increases, things get complicated. Due to transportation, borders between states, customs regulations and … of the forces of nature! In my experience, underestimating logistics is a serious mistake, but it is equally wrong to fear it.
WHAT IS THE CONTRIBUTION OF GLOBE PANELS TO THE LOGISTICS OF INSULATED METAL PANELS?
Why not take yourself care about the transportation yourself? Because Globe Panels has a team dedicated to coordinate the production of metal sandwich panels with ships. You do not miss a single day. And once the metal sandwich panels are in the container, a team of specialists prepares the documents for you. While the metal sandwich panels are traveling to the destination port, our team of specialists will check that the EUR1 issued complies with the requirements of your country’s customs.
WHAT IS THE EUR.1 CERTIFICATE?
Within the framework of free trade agreements between the European Union and countries that have accepted the agreement, EUR 1 is a movement certificate. With the countries of the Mediterranean area, the document is EUR-MED, while with Turkey, it is the A.TR.
The document allows the exemption of the tariff for import/export operations to and from Europe.
HOW TO GET EUR 1 CERTIFICATE?
The export company must always oversee processing your shipment. They should submit the pre-compiled document to the customs office with the export declaration within ten days before the date of filing of the customs declaration. The ten days can be reduced by:
- Operating frequency.
- Type of activity.
- Product type.
- Type of predominant brand.
- Preview verification activity.
- Status of the exporter.
However, exceptionally, movement certificates EUR.1 may be issued after the effective export of the products to which they refer if:
- the certificate was not released at the time of export due to errors, involuntary omissions or exceptional circumstances;
- it is shown to the satisfaction of the competent authorities that a certificate of movement of goods EUR.1 was issued and was not accepted for importation for technical reasons.
WHAT COUNTRIES HAVE THE EUR 1 CERTIFICATE?
The countries with agreements regarding EUR1, classified by zones, are:
- Africa (Tunisia, South Africa, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco)
- America (Chile, Colombia, México, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Central America)
- Europe (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Kosovo, Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine)
- Middle East (Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria).
FROM OUR EXPERIENCE
Recently, I personally followed a case where three containers of metal insulating panels were shipped to Costa Rica with a hand-written EUR1 certificate. I have personally assisted my client in resolving any doubts regarding the correctness of the certificate, by local legislation and with the support of the Ministry of Foreign Trade.
At this point, the question that you will ask yourself is, how much does the assistance of this team of specialists cost? The answer is simple: nothing. Our team of logistics specialists works every day to ensure the sandwich insulation panels arrive in perfect time in your warehouse or on your site. The serenity of our customers is essential for us. Saving YOUR time and money!
Work with us: