GROWING AGRI-FOOD EXPORT WILL DRIVE CONSUMPTION OF PVC SANITARY PROFILES
In this post, I will write about an article by “El Economista” that I’ve found very exciting. It says that Mexico has entered the Top-10 exporters of Agrifood, quoting a survey by the WTO. I found this news very exciting. It confirms a growth trend that we’ve seen developing in the last five years.
SHIFTING TO HEALTHIER FOOD
I usually quote a funny example to show where the growth is coming from; in five years, it will be easier to buy an avocado in London than a traditional fish and chips. It merely means that people are changing the way they eat, shifting to less-processed, healthier food.
WHAT DOES THIS SHIFT MEAN FOR THE WORLD OF REFRIGERATION?
It means that the increased demand for fresh food will boost the need for refrigeration in Mexico and other exporting countries. It is indeed excellent news for us all, especially during a period where the economy isn’t doing great generally. Most specifically, it will attract numerous new investments to build new refrigerated facilities and to refurbish the existing ones.
Why can the old cold-rooms not be used anymore? Because they don’t meet the new international standards for hygiene and cleanness. The third-party supplier must obey to the same standards that final countries apply. All global standards demand sanitary, rounded corners, plinth, and coving profiles.
These sanitary profiles are available in Stainless Steel or PVC. Hygienic profiles prevent the build-up of dirt and the formation of bacteria that occur if the angles and corners are squared.
Furthermore, both PVC and Stainless steel are easy to clean, and they prevent the proliferation of micro-organisms.
WHY DO WE SUGGEST THE USE OF PVC OVER STAINLESS STEEL SANITARY PROFILES?
Three main reasons we suggest to use PVC sanitary profiles:
- Stainless Steel is more expensive than PVC hygienic profiles.
- PVC profiles are quicker to install into cold-rooms
- PVC profiles have soft edges that adapt to the ribbed surface of insulated panels. And that seals it accurately, without the need for any further sealant.
New tendencies in the food industry set new challenges for the refrigeration industry. High hygienic standards require the use of new and innovative materials to build cold-rooms. The primary purpose of PVC sanitary profiles is to protect and preserve cold rooms and panels by preventing of accumulation of dirt and bacteria in the internal spaces, particularly in the corners, and allowing easy cleaning of the walls and the floor. Hence, it is an ideal solution for agricultural and industrial cold-rooms.
- Common warehouse mistakes of sandwich insulated panels handling
- Advantages of the labyrinth – joint on cold – room insulated panels
- New modular cold – room and cold – room door at Refriaméricas 2019
- When to use PVDF and PVC coating on insulated metal panels?
OUR CORNERSTONE ARTICLES:
- What to consider when choosing an insulated panel for your project?
- High – speed door for cold storage: a valuable asset in cold – room